General Inquiries

My husband has ousted me with four minor children out of his house and not paying maintenance allowance to me and kids. How can I get maintenance allowance from my husband?
Contact your concerned Union Council and Family Court for assistance, where the woman resides at the time of filing her application/case.
My husband has pronounced verbal divorce to me and has ousted me from the house, what remedies might be availed and where can I get them?
According to Section 7 & 8 of Muslim Family Laws Ordinance 1961, it is mandatory that the notice of divorce must be in written form, one (1) copy to the woman and one (1) copy to the concerned Union Council where the woman’s resides at that time; therefore, aggrieved woman may approach to the Union Council or Family Court.
My husband often torture to me on petty house hold affairs, even today he brutally tortured me. What remedy can I avail and where can I get them?
In case of emergency situation the aggrieved woman may call 15 Police Emergency, 1122 Rescue Services or may approach the nearest Police Station and Government Hospital.
My father has passed away and left behind property, but my brother is not giving me inheritance share? What is the procedure to get my legal share from my father’s property?
The aggrieved woman may approach Halqa Patwari, Tehsildar, Collector and/or DCO of the concerned district where the actual property is located.
After my father’s death, we are 2 sisters and a brother. We want to transfer the property as per law and guidance, what is the procedure?
Application along with relevant record of the property’s ownership of deceased, death certificate and legal heir’s proof of relation with deceased, to the Halqa Patwari, Tehsildar, Collector and/or DCO.
Halqa Patwari is reluctant to transfer the property with the name of legal heirs? What is alternate remedy?
Aggrieved person may approach to the Tehsildar or Collector or DCO and/or may approach Civil Court.
Village landlord attempted to rape me and on my refusal he brutally tortured me and injured my head. I reported the matter to the police station, but police is not taking any legal action against influential accused person. How can I register my FIR?
Application to the concerned police station and/or DSP / SP / DPO can be filed for registration of FIR and for medical treatment from concerned government hospital through police station or through Area Judicial Magistrate. Medical treatment which is called MLC / MLR (Medico-legal Certificate or Medico-legal Report) from government hospital with the proof of admission as an evidence against the offender.

Helpline Guide

What is Punjab Government Women’s Helpline and who can call?
A Toll-Free Helpline # 1043 has been established by the Governemnt of Punjab. Through all-female call centre executives and legal advisors, this facility provides guidance and legal advice to women all over Punjab facing problems related to harassment, property dispute, domestic violence, etc.
What are the timings for the Helpline?
Helpline is operational from Monday to Saturday between 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
How much will it cost to dial the Helpline?
Calling from a landline number will be free of charge; however while calling from cellular companies will cost as per the package plan.
What if I require any professional legal advice?
Helpline staff is trained and experienced to answer the queries or launch complaints. In case of further legal guidance is required, legal advisor is available to cater to the queries in the light of the current legal framework.
Are there any charges for the legal advice?
Legal advisors are available for the helpline and assisting complainants free of cost over the phone.
How can I speak to a Call Center Agent?
Upon dialing Helpline # 0800 933 72, caller will be asked to select the preferred language i.e. (English or Urdu). After language selection, the call will be transferred to an available agent. The caller can ask for guidance, help & information, in case of legal advice the call can be transferred to the available lawyer.
Is my data protected with the helpline?
Data is protected at all times and will only be shared with concerned personnels.
Do I need to have some information before calling the helpline?
It is always advice to have the following information handy:
  • Complainant Name
  • CNIC (or any other identity)
  • Address
  • Source of information
  • Precise summary of information required or lodge a complaint
Call Center agent will assist you and provide you relevant information or gather the information to lodge complaint.
Are there any particular complaints, or I can call for any matter?
Helpline will evaluate the nature of call and will advise in case a complaint needs to be lodged; however helpline is taking complaints such as:
  • Victim and survivor of violence
  • Gender base discrimination
  • Violation of basic human rights etc
Once the complaint is lodged, it is to be followed up by the government officials through advice from the Chairperson PCSW.